The restoration process was fairly straight forward, but the internals of the drill were peened together, forcing me to restore them all as one piece.
I decide to not paint all over the aluminum casting so the polished aluminum could shine. I don't like painting high wear areas so I also did not re-paint the chest plate black. The paint on the handle seems important enough to the original look of the tool that I did repaint that part.
I am still not 100% sure how someone could quickly change drill bits on this tool as they have a tapered end that gets hammered into a tapered spindle making it very hard to remove. I am sure there is a tool or trick to it, but I am not sure what that is yet!
In the end, the tool did do the job it was designed for, faster than by hand, but slower than a power drill.
I'd like to thank Evapo-Rust for sponsoring this video.
Wrenches are now for sale at www.handtoolrescue.com
Help secure more tools for future videos (if you want):
Facebook Group - Share your restorations
Reddit - Share your restorations